Ornamental bark mulch
Our bark chip is part of our range of biodegradable mulches. It can also be used as a decorative path covering. This product will rot down and need to be replaced.
Benefits of ornamental bark:
- Help soils retain moisture in summer
- Suppress weeds
- Improve soil texture
- Deter some pests
- Protect plant roots from extreme temperatures
- Encourage beneficial soil organisms
- Provide a barrier for edible crops coming into contact with soil
- Give a decorative finish
- Manufactured from materials sourced 100% within the British Isles
How to use ornamental bark in your garden:
Beds and borders - apply to moist and weeded bed or border. Soil must not be frozen. Apply mulch evenly to a depth of between 5cm (2in) to 7.5cm (3in) thick. Single trees and specimen shrubs are best mulched to the radius of the canopy Mulches are best applied from mid- to late spring and autumn, when the soil is moist and warm. It is best to avoid applying mulches in winter and early spring as the soil is too cold, and in summer, when it will be dry.