100% British economical alternative to bark. Made from composted wood chip, ideal for decorative landscaping on a budget, Produced from a mix of softwood and hardwood and composted for a minimum of six weeks, until all green is removed.
This product is ideal for use all over the garden for mulching around trees and shrubs, around plants in border areas and flower beds and the bottom of chicken runs.
This product will rot down over time, improving soil structure, and will need to be replaced.
Benefits of woodland mulch:
- Help soils retain moisture in summer
- Suppresses weeds
- Improve soil texture
- Deter some pests
- Protect plant roots from extreme temperatures
- Encourage beneficial soil organisms
- Provide a barrier for edible crops coming into contact with soil
- Give a decorative finish
- Manufactured from Materials sourced 100% within the British Isles
How to use woodland mulch in beds and borders:
- Apply to moist and weeded bed or border. Soil must not be frozen.
- Apply mulch evenly to a depth of between 5cm (2in) to 7.5cm (3in) thick.
- Single trees and specimen shrubs are best mulched to the radius of the canopy.
- Mulches are best applied from mid to late spring and autumn, when the soil is moist and warm. It is best to avoid applying mulches in winter and early spring as the soil is too cold, and in summer when it will be dry.