Manure Peat free
Our environmentally friendly, 100% peat free, natural soil conditioning organic manure is the perfect product for gardeners, landscapers and horticulturalists wanting to improve or re-build poor soils.
The manure is produced from horse manure that is sourced within the Sussex area. Re-using material that helps ensure a circular economy.
If you require any further information on the compost quality please call us on 01273 492 752 we will be glad to advise you in this peat free soil conditioning manure.
Benefits and uses
- Acts as a slow-release fertiliser, supplying the main nutrients that a plant needs over an extended period of time as opposed to synthetic fertisers that are realised very quickly and easily washed away.
- Improves soil aeration.
- Helps aid water and nutrient retention due to its porous, spongy nature.
- Improves drainage.
- Helps prevent wind and water erosion helping to protect precious topsoil.
- Supports a wide range of soil bacteria, including those that produce natural antibodies to fight against plant disease.
- Moderates soil temperature.
- Helps to form aggregates by the action of soil microorganisms that release sticky secretions to hold soil particles together.
General soil improvement:
- To be used on both your vegetable and flower beds to create ideal growing conditions.
- As a general rule use a minimum of 5cm (2in) across the whole bed. It can be either dug in or laid on top. The weather and worms will do the rest.
- It can be applied after the growing season in autumn or in spring or both. If applying in spring try to apply 2-3 weeks before growing.
- Roses are very grateful for a feed of manure.
- When planting out potted plants or seedlings, add compost to the planting holes.
Compost Quantity Calculator
How many 1m3 bulk bags of compost do I need?